Simply because the property market isn’t in a sound state of affairs, never means that people don’t need homes and you’ll be able to sell off your house quickly. Regardless of whether there’s a recession or not, people still face all the problems and selling a home during the recession is not impossible. People still want and need to move house as there are those waiting to strike a good bargain during their first-time buy. Following are some useful tips for selling your property at this slow market.
Great Tips From Kevin Chinnock About Selling On Property
- Acquire the documents which are required for selling your house legally, viz. a legal sale contract in your state, the certificate for inspecting your septic tank should you not be on the city’s sewer system and a house inspection for assuring your buyer that your house has undergone inspection for defects.
- Check your locality for houses with similar size and amenities which are up for sale or were recently sold for assuring yourself that you can price your home accordingly.
- Determine the sale price, lower than the comparable homes for sale at your vicinity. You can ask a property or real estate agent for pricing your house at the present market value. Offer some commission to the agent or a sales fee should he procure a buyer. Never sign a written agreement with any real estate company or agent.
- Determine areas where houses are regularly advertised for sale. It could be your local newspaper, cable channel, traders post, etc. Several weekly newspapers often devote a specific day in the week where agents scour for advertisements. Utilize this day.
- Insert advertisements which stand out viz. “Zero down payments! Below market! Immediate possession! No closing costs! Buy this house and pay less than the cost of the rent.”
- Hire a local real estate lawyer and let him explain to you the costs involved for any specific sale price, both for your buyer and you. Also, make yourself aware of how much you could legally pay on the buyer’s behalf for assisting him in his purchase.
- Offer incentives to the buyer viz. a car, truck, boat or an RV, which you own, for being a component of sale of the house. Tempt buyers with extras. Recently at Wisconsin, a house owner was willing to give two season tickets for all Green Bay Packers home games. If you aren’t aware, the tickets are sold out months in advance.
- Make sure that you stipulate to buyers that they must produce written proof from any mortgage company or a bank that they are financially capable of purchasing, ahead of drawing up any sales contract or better still, incorporate it as a condition into the contract.
Remember, as long as people get married, get divorced or change jobs, they would require a place for living and you possess what somebody else wants. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Focus on what you have to do and avoid getting sentimental. Sell your property, lighten the burden. Make it a fine decision regarding the present times.